CONFERENCE DAY TWO
8:30 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND NETWORKING COFFEE
9:05 am - 9:15 am CHAIRMAN'S RECAP OF DAY ONE AND WELCOME TO DAY TWO
9:15 am - 10:00 am QUALITY MEASUREMENT WITHIN LOCALISATION
In this session, King will demonstrate why it is critical to communicate your quality control process with your team and vendors.
- Analysis and compare different quality rating methodologies.
- Examples in the industry and the pros and cons.
- Preferential changes/style improvement in your quality control process.
- Why is it so important for especially Asian languages? And why shouldn’t it be counted as bugs?
- How to communicate your expectation to translators and internal stakeholders?
10:00 am - 10:30 am MOVING FROM SINGLE PLAYER FOCUS AAA GAMES TO GAME AS A SERVICE
A unique perspective about the evolution that the teams at Ubisoft went through and the key learning experienced within their Live Service releases, such as Rainbow Six Siege and Ghost Recon. They will also be providing insight into their processes and where Ubisoft is heading in the next years with these titles.
10:30 am - 11:00 am INJECTING QUALITY FROM PRODUCTION TO RELEASE
Here we will discuss the journey from working as a 3rd party QA analyst in a purely black box environment to managing quality in a team where grey and white box testing is a required part of ensuring quality. This will cover some strategies and tools for scaling up technical knowledge and starting to play in a world of automated testing, synthetic monitoring, and static analysis (among other solutions).
11:00 am - 11:30 am NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11:30 am - 11:45 am INDEPENDENT DISCUSSION GROUPS
Choose 2 out of 6 groups to join. You will have 30 mins for each discussion group. Please note that earlyregistration is necessary to reserve a specific group. Subject to availability – First come, first serve!
Quality Assurance12:15 pm - 12:45 pm Delivering Quality to an International Community
Localisation11:45 am - 12:15 pm Translation Beyond Localisation
Player Support11:45 am - 12:15 pm The Value of Player Analytics to your Release
Quality Assurance12:15 pm - 12:45 pm Technological Requirements of Live Services
Localisation12:15 pm - 12:45 pm Machine Translation within Localisation
Player Support12:15 pm - 12:45 pm Keeping your Community Troll-Free
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
Quality Assurance1:45 pm - 2:15 pm How QA is done for Mobile Game at Tencent
Key workflow strategies, technology research and tool chain that are used
Unique strategies utilised to ensure the best possible result for the player.
Localisation1:45 pm - 2:15 pm Management Approaches to Localisation
What approaches are there internally to help drive localisation quality
How can we best look to improve the management of the teams internally?
Player Support1:45 pm - 2:15 pm The Key to Managing an International Community
- This session will delve into the requirements of an international player base
- How can you create a dedicated support network to assist your players?
- What’s the best way to engage your community to foster dialogue?
Quality Assurance2:15 pm - 2:45 pm How to Release 10 Games on 3 Platforms With a Team of 4 in 1 Year and Stay Sane
- With the size of the team, Artifex is still able to ensure top quality delivery of their titles
- Tips how to optimize work, keeping checklist updated, handle throw-ins, and submit games on time, without going totally insane.
Localisation2:15 pm - 2:45 pm Science of Localisation
- What are our goals in LQA? Where did we get them from? How are they set and what are the assumptions that underpin them? Do we need to re-examine these? What are our sources and citations?
- What aspect of our work do we measure? Are results comparable within video games LQA, to movie subtitling? What does it mean to measure a creative enterprise? Is it a creative enterprise?
- What other institutions can we draw examples, inspiration and processes from? FQA department, NASA, Hospitals, art schools?
- What experiments have been done with LQA? A/B testing, accidental deployments, within our test departments?
Player Support2:15 pm - 2:45 pm Working to Improve Quality Through Peer-to-Peer Review
- This will cover how we work as a team to drive quality,
- A unique showcase the custom Zendesk app we built that is integrated into our CS Portal and the results of the system
Quality Assurance2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Case Studies: Applying formal techniques during test planning in games.
- This talk highlights the benefit of using formal testing techniques in games.
- Very often formal techniques are disregarded in games.
- With some example from real world, you will learn how to apply them in your games.
Localisation2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Integrating Localisation Early in Production
This session explores the role of localisation in every phase of the production process
How can you collaborate with the development, QA, and player support teams to establish time frames for release?
Player Support2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Service Transformation – Innovation in Game Support
- Video game releases are very difficult to release, and the new demands placed upon them from live services necessitate innovation.
- How have others innovated, and how can you adapt your Player Support function
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
3:45 pm - 4:45 pm GAME QUALITY LIVE POLL!
- At the beginning of the conference and throughout days 1 and 2, everyone will have taken part in a live poll using our Game Quality Forum App, which asked you to submit a key challenge in your role.
- The top 5 most popular will now be reviewed and debated during the interactive panel session.