CONFERENCE DAY ONE
8:15 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND NETWORK COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:05 am GAMING IQ WELCOME
9:05 am - 9:15 am CHAIRMAN'S OPENING REMARKS
Introducing our interactive questioning feed for the conference, attendees will input their questions and thoughts and the most popular will be polled to be reviewed at the end of the day! Attendees can also submit questions during the sessions to be answered by the presenters at the end of the sessions
9:15 am - 9:30 am ICEBREAKER: NETWORKING BINGO
A highlight of the Game Quality NA Forum returns in 2019! Upon registration, you will be assigned a colour. You will then meet with participants who share that same colour at a specific table to come together and discuss 3 key questions. There is a prize in it for the winning table so get networking!
- Who you are
- Your #1 challenge
- Your favorite project
9:30 am - 10:00 am KEYNOTE: Scalability Testing your Live Release
The Live Service model has created new symbiotic relationships between all functions
along the quality chain, as each function must in turn interact with the other to ensure
the delivery of content, and the stability of builds during the lifecycle of a release.
What does this new relationship entail, and how can you ensure tighter collaboration?
10:00 am - 10:40 am Staying in the game: The power of integrated QA, localisation & CX
10:30 am - 11:00 am Roles, Responsibilities and Best Practices in an Agile Environment
- Often times we can get lost in Agile Environment, sometimes even feeling threatened by automation.
- This talk highlights what it means to ensure quality across the whole team in a strong Agile team.
- What value should you provide compared to the rest of the team members?
11:00 am - 11:30 am NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11:30 am - 12:15 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Development Best Practice for Upping Quality
Discuss the various ways in which developers have implemented quality as a key driver into their everyday
development cycles. During this, we will be looking to discuss the following:
- What metrics do we use to determine quality?
- How can managers help define what quality looks like in Localisation and CS?
- Is it best to integrate QA early into development to ensure oversight?
12:15 pm - 12:30 pm OPEN FLOOR DEBATE: Internal Practices to Advancing a Quality Culture
Following on from the panel, this summary session invites you to interact with the panel on their own practices,
including challenges with fostering a quality culture. Attendees from all disciplines are encouraged to participate:
Things to explore:
- How can you foster a quality mind-set within the team?
- How can we KPI culture to ensure each function is doing their best to deliver on the quality gamers
- have come to expect from their releases?
- Considerations when looking to improve quality across the functions
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
Quality Assurance1:30 pm - 2:00 pm AI Testing Implementation: Lessons from King
- QA perspectives on current developments using machine learning and data tooling
- Theoretical/technical breakdowns on how King has implemented AI tools and machine learning
Localisation1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Approaches to measuring profitability in F2P Localisation Rough outline
- Localisation is still often regarded as a necessary evil to change that mindset make devs aware that localisation should generate money
- What factors determine if a language is successful
- What are the tools (tracking) needed for this
- Decision: if we do not localise into x, do we leave money on the table or do we throw it out of the window
Player Support1:30 pm - 2:00 pm The Day-to-Day when Supporting your International Release
- This session will delve into the routine at Koch Media
- Working middle between a very hands-on-mentality (tactics) and a long-term workflow (strategy).
Quality Assurance2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Defining Quality within Development
- The importance of integrated QA has become more prevalent,
- How should QA be seen as more developers and publishers push to ensure their titles
Localisation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Spanish and Portuguese - sure, but which versions?
This session aims to provide Insights to take into account when defining your localisation strategy for these large and fast growing language markets
Player Support2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Goodbay & Playspace: Global Launch of World Class Player Support
This session will delve into exactly how Playspace and Goodbay came together to deliver top quality support
Quality Assurance2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Understanding the Requirements of Live QA
- How has the push towards GAAS pushed forward the need for Live QA?
- What are the biggest advantages and toughest drawbacks when working within such system?
Localisation2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Using Automation, MT & Machine Learning in Continuous GaaS Localization
Things to focus on:
- How using MT helped us bridge the gap between development and localization (specifically integrating localization early in the process)
- Automation in QA
- Overall benefits & challenges
Player Support2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Building a Customer Journey for Players
- As live releases have become the norm, Triple A and Indie developers alike must plan their titles releases.
- Learn how an embedded player support system in a live release provides increased value to players
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
Our Legendary Roundtable Sessions are Back for 2019!
Feedback from past events has shown that this is one of the most useful and engaging parts of the conference – Collaborate with your industry peers and work through the most relevant challenges to you. Choose 1 roundtable to join. Each table will elect a leader who will prompt conversation, keep the discussion on course and feedback what has been discussed at the end!
- Streamlining Interdepartmental Communication Channels
- Crowdsource testing as a means of QA
- Moving past translation, localisation readiness and maturity
- Scalability and Adapting Technical Requirements
- Technical Innovations in Game Support
- Engaging your community to improve delivery through VIP systems
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm Game Quality Ask Me Anything!
As we close the first day of the Game Quality Forum 2019, we invite you to join this open floor debate, where a select group of speakers and advisory board members will be answering your questions on everything quality.